Saturday, September 12, 2015

River Rising

Image Credit


Just over month ago, I started working on a short story for a fanfiction contest hosted by one of my favorite authors, Anne Elisabeth Stengl. You can check out that story, and the myriad of other entrants, HERE

The contest is still ongoing, though voting is limited to fans of the Goldstone Wood series only.

It certainly isn't my best work, but I finished it in a rush and am happy enough with the result. That's the key to writing: keep pumping it out.

I started out writing some horrific rubbish, and now I write slightly less-terrible rubbish with some gems in the mix. Some days I can't churn out more than a paragraph, and it seems like I'll need to eradicate all of it the next day.

Real writers keep trudging forward. I know that I'm better than last year, and last year was a brilliant improvement from the years before that.

Never quit, and that is the mark of a true writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment